KS2 Class Teacher – Maternity Cover
School Leadership is seeking to appoint a motivated and dedicated practitioner for a temporary Class Teacher role.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone with drive and ambition to become part of the team at Grenoside Primary School. The school benefits from a skilled and dedicated group of staff who enjoy their job and believe passionately about the value of education and the importance of enjoying learning. Our values and ethos come from wanting 'the best for every child'.
We are looking for an excellent class teacher whose main responsibilities will be:
- To demonstrate a commitment to achieve the best outcomes for all children both in terms of their academic progress and well-being
- To deliver teaching that inspires children to learn
- To pursue the aims of the school in a positive manner and promote the agreed ethos
- To work co-operatively within the whole staff team, and within the KS2 team to achieve continuous improvement with constant regard to quality in both learning and teaching
- To teach children according to their individual needs, including the planning and assessment of work in line with agreed policies of the school
- To monitor and assess children’s progress and report to parents
- To implement and maintain the school’s policy on discipline and behaviour
- To support the school’s endeavours to meet the needs of its community
- To demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities and inclusion
We can offer you:
- A caring and supportive working environment with children who are keen to do well who work and play together across the year groups
- A highly motivated team of staff, governors and parents who are committed to building on the many strengths of the school
- Established good practices
- A commitment to your professional development
If you have the drive and passion to join our forward- thinking team, we would be delighted to hear from you. Visits are warmly welcomed and strongly encouraged. Please contact the school office on 01142467380 to arrange a visit.
Closing Date – Monday 9th October 2023 at 10am
Shortlisting Date – Tuesday 10th October 2023
Interview Date – Thursday 12th and Friday 13th October 2023
Please return your completed application form to Clerical Officer Louise Henderson by email on email@example.com or by post to Grenoside Community Primary School, Norfolk Hill, Sheffield, S35 8QB.
Google online searches will be undertaken on all shortlisted candidates.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. We welcome applications from everyone. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.